CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

2nd time coloring on my own using semi-permanent color

The 1st time I colored, I did not post any prepping information for those who have not reached six months and are not yet ready to use permanent color and who are afraid they will mess up their locks. I here what I did to prep, with the help of my 14 y.o. daughter who got my scalp, neck,ears etc. Bless her Sweet little heart, she was helping her Mom.(this coloring was actually done 2/7/09)



Regarding hair coloring, my SL consultant is also a licensed cosmetologist for many years therefore, I trust what she tells me...to prep for my color since my hair is shorter I use baby hair clips to band my hair however I did use the rubber bands on the longer sections.

My consultant adviced me to use Kiss as it has no ammonia, no peroxide or ingredients that will cause your locks to swell and slip. This product is recommended for Natural Hair,Gray Coverage and Chemically Treated Hair(but we are not concerned with that)...LOL


Supplies: rubber bands to band your hair as you would in prepping to shampoo. And baby hair clip for shorter/delicate lock.

Perm/Color brush
Bowl
Gloves
Kiss semi-permanent color

To begin I clipped the shorter locks and banded the longer locks (with the help of my daughter, Wyvolen)

After sectioning and banding, I put a(small amount) of the Kiss Color into the bowl.

Using the brush I applied color only to the roots of my hair. (make sure you use gloves as the color will definately stain anything it touches)

After applying the color I left the color in to set for 25 minutes. You can sit under a dryer, which was recommended by Laura my SL consultant, but because I hate sitting under a dryer I just waiting 25 minutes.

After waiting 25 minutes, I rinsed my hair until the water ran clear.

After rinsing, I shampooed my hair with SL's shampoo. Then let my hair air dry.



Remember this is a rinse (semi-permanent color) therefore a little color will wash out with every shampoo. It depends on how often you shampoo how long the color will last. Thus determining how often you will need to re-color,until you can use permanent hair color.


Don't be scurred (LOL), If I can do it and not screw my locks up you can to!

No comments: