CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wow My First Week with SL's and Lovin It !!!!! (click on picture to enlarge)

 
Posted by Picasa



Hello my SL sistah's, First of all I would like to thank all of you who have made comments and sending Warm Welcomes to SisterLock-Hood...Well it has been 1 week since the installation of my SL and the beginning of this peaceful journey, my hair color looks so much darker..I haven't changed the color it's the lighting.

My family and friends have been pretty receptive to my knew look, My sister was the funniest, though she is familiar with SL's she asked me what did my SL consultant put in my hair to lock it. I guess she was thinking they were similar to starting traditional locks.

Another funny thing...while my SL consultant installed my SL's she would get to certain sections of my hair and would say "This is the Slave Master's hair in this section" I would kindly say " No that's Running Hawk's hair"....Well I logged onto ancestary.com's free 14 day trial and learned that my Great-Grand Mothers race was entered as Mulatto...(white father/black mother)...actually my Great-Great Grand Mother was part Indian..My point...I guess my SL consultant did run across the Slave Master's hair...LOL..

This first week has been a "ITCHY" week, OMG has my head been itching. My SL consultant suggested dry shampoo and sea breeze..I tried the dry shampoo..but I needed more relief..Thanks to my wonderful SL sistah blogging about the itchies and their remedies, Nihuru stated she used Listerine....I thought..."Hmmmmm, I am trying Listerine" so off to Walmart/ Wally Word to many...for a small bottle of Listerine...Thank you Nihuru it worked wonders, my itching has almost stopped completely...however I do have a dry scalp in certain area's so I will most likely still have some itching.

Final note I am loving my SL's as you can see, I am free styling these lovely locks applying my makeup, being creative with eye shadows...I am purely in love...

Much love to all of my Natural/SL's Sistahs

12 comments:

E. RaMona (Alaiyo) said...

You're hair looks so cute and I can tell that you LOVE IT!!! Work it!

Locs2Envy said...

Your hair is so beautiful. I'm glad the Listerine worked. I used it about every 3 months...just because...to kill any germs that I may have on my scalp and I have not had any problems with the itch.

Nubian1 said...

Listerine eh....might just try that, yep as itchiness goes I have that going on.

Seems we have a lot in common:

Similar eye wear, same weekend locked hair, grey hair issues, and pierced nose....well i had it pierced over 20 years ago and this Saturday and having it redone in the same place!

So what else Angel?

Looks look soo cute!

Awwwwweeeeee

Tawanna said...

Congratulations on your SL's!!

JUST Euphoria said...

sista I am scared of you, you are working that thang and the glasses set it off, and the collage turned out great.

JUST Euphoria said...

TUTORIAL:#1 viewing your blog page click customize, click settings got 2 comments tab and then follow questions then click save. #2 same page click dashboard(top right)click help or help center, go to sub title Share you blog click comments and backlinks then go down to advanced uses click peek-a-boo comments. #3 while in the help center you can type in a question or keywords if none of the above answers your questions. #4 just for FYI on your blog page if you click on the time next to the comments people have left your comments will show on your blog but will not stay permanently.#5 on your comments page you can leave a comment and it will publish under the last comment posted. Hope all tjis helps girl & I don't mind you asking fo help

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Welcome to the SL family.

Maryee said...

Welcome to the family! Love your locks and the color is hot!!

Carmennc said...

You are so sassy with the Sisterlocks. Congratulations.

The Real Nique said...

Work it, work it, work it!!!! You look too cute! You know I am gonna keep checking back.

Wandaful said...

Your locks are absolutely gorgeous. Lovin It. I will be adding some pictures this weekend.

knotsnlocks said...

congrats. enjoy the journey.