CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Scarrrrry Banding and Washing Test Locks







This was a very scarry event, I did the best I could banding my 2 1/2 inch test locks. Just sitting her waiting for my hair to dry before removing the bands and decided to share my first banding experience. Here is my first attempt at banding.

Ok, this banding thing was a bit frustrating, no problem putting them in but taking them out was a chore and I only had 16 test locks banding two together making 8 bandings. I don't know if I banded to tight or what but it was a bit difficult getting the rubber bands out, again maybe because I only have 2 1/2 inches of hair.

5 comments:

Locs2Envy said...

Hi Angel,

I started out with short locks also and removing rubber bands is a bear. I use to use a razor blade to get mine off, until I cut one completely off and sliced through another one. After that I started using elastic pony tail holders and nylon holders.

Hang in there, it gets easier and it is truly worth it.

Be Blessed!

Ezme said...

Hey Angel
Sorry your having trouble taking out those bands..trust me you are not alone...i have the same pain and my ahir is longer. What is it with bands water and soap??? Looking at Euphorias sit she has now taken up to using normal clothed hair bands and i might have to try that idea myself as i am fed up with wrestling wilth scissors, razors and my fingers!! Good luck in your quest and...

..Stay Blessed

CarmenNC said...

A pair of seem rippers will do the job fine. If all else fails, try the snap plastic bows for little girls, the ones that go at the end of a plait.

JUST Euphoria said...

I have been away to long, my girl got her tester locks you must have been throwing back them vitamins, they look great and it's amazing how much length you have. Sorry about the braid and band issues the cloth bands that I use maybe to big for your 2 1/2 inches but I am going to look around and see if I can find something for you.

Nubian1 said...

Using barretts is not a bad idea at all!
I had that issue with my test locks so i got the scissors out & people I only had the one bunch to deal with! I remember thinking, i would have to sort this out when i have a full head of locks....cant be dealing with snapping away less I snap my locks (GOD FORBID!!)