CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For those of us who are Graying




When Laura my SL Consultant Trainee said "you will not be able to color your hair for at least six month" I almost fell out of her chair, saying do you see the gray in my hair...OMG, what am I going to do? I gray heavy in the crown of my head.

No worry she says there are color sticks/color pencils you can use to cover the gray while you transition...My thought was "like eyebrow pencils", she said yes but Sally's Beauty Supply store has color sticks to match the color of your hair, you can use them until you are able to permanently color again.

Pictured here is a color stick I found at the local Asian hair/wig supply store. It's by kiss, you dab a little water on it and it covers the gray...it works I tried it. I informed Laura of this purchase as she was also aware of this product also you see Laura is not only a SL Trainee, she is a licensed cosmetologist x 20 years so I trust her advice on hair products. I chose a mahogany color stick, Laura said :"NO" that's to dark but it actually comes out red on my gray hair. So she was at ease with my color choice.

I also have a snap shot of the clips I used when coloring my hair, trying to find a better way then using those band they tangle so badly in my short locks, however as I have read other blogs tangling is a problem regardless of the length.

Euphoria had a good idea to use the cloth bands, if the clips are not sufficient I will follow Euphoria's idea I am sure I saw the cloth bands in a tiny version if I can't find them in Arizona for sure I know they sell them in Ohio I will just have my daughter send me some.

Just a little advice about the color stick/pencil for those of us who have to fight the gray...and those who need a color touch, until you can color again.

Be Blessed

1 comment:

Nubian1 said...

Forget about sending me the link Angel.....Just saw the pic on your blog and I believe I have tried the stick thing b/4. See how you get on with them and post your findings! Am saying nothing till then hun. I didn't colour for 9 weeks previous to my recent colour sessions and it wasn't too obvious that my grey was apparent. I wasn't self aware about it at all. Mind you that was the sole reason for going blonde in the first place.
I shall exercise a little patience and see what happens before going ABSOLUTELY CRAZY with temporary solutions.
Keep an eye on you girl. THE WEEKEND IS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR!!!